Wednesday's Child

9:02 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

A friend recently ran my birth date through a database and determined I was born on a Wednesday.

I began to wonder what this Wednesday business said about me. How had I been shaped by this arrival day? I immediately turned to the science of nursery rhymes for my answer.

Turns out Wednesday’s Child is full of WOE.

This, on top of the fact that Wednesday is THE hardest day of the week to spell...

Unacceptable

I have decided and now officially decree: Wednesday’s Child is full of WOW.

For those interested here’s the rest of the original rhyme --I highly encourage editing some pizzazz into unsatisfying descriptions.

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

0 comments: