I Did Shoot My Eye Out

1:11 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
For those who have never torn their cornea, I don’t recommend it.

For those who have, Yow! No?

I spent most of last week recovering from having my eye split open on a leisurely trip to the nation’s capital.

I will spend a good deal longer recovering from the knowledge that my eye was at one point actually SPLIT OPEN. Ugh.

This happened in the midst of shopping for wedding dresses with a friend. I am her maid of honour and while it's sad I had to abdicate my shopping duties to lay alone in a dark room, it's not all that surprising considering my past actions in positions of honour.

Here’s a sampling:

  • Coming down with the Chicken Pox during my first turn as a flower girl (Sorry Janet)
  • Coming down with Strep Throat during my first turn as a junior bridesmaid (Sorry Pam)
  • Fainting on the altar during my first turn as Godmother (Sorry Clara, and the entire congregation of Emmanuel Lutheran Church)

It’s not that the joy of my friends and family ALWAYS makes me sick, just more often than not.

This time at least I got my trauma over and done with over before the big day….

I hope.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

remind me not to invite you to major events in my life....