I Think I’m Addicted...

8:44 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

…to the scent of cherry blossoms.

I spent the weekend in Washington surrounded by hundreds of trees with blossoms ranging in colour from pristine white to deep blush pink. The bark of the gnarled trunks and branches shines sliver in the sunlight and glows slightly at dusk.

They are lovely, but it is the smell that I can’t get enough of. The whole of D.C. is blanketed in an aroma soft and subtle and delicious.

I brought home a bottle of perfume that tried to capture the scent and put it on today. But it is false and manufactured with an undertone of alcohol and without the depth that many trees all blossoming in unison provides.

Still I can’t stop smelling my arm at the crook of the elbow where the scent is strongest.

A junkie will take it however she can get it.

0 comments: