Make Mine a Mojito

8:18 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I have an overwhelming desire for a Mojito. This wouldn’t be all that strange if I enjoyed a Mojito. But I don’t really. I’m not a big fan of mint and frankly I don’t like drinks that require affecting an accent to order confidently. (A main reason why I do not drink the Thé-Keeee-La on a regular basis).

But this week, the idea of a sipping on a crisp, cool, white and green bevy seems an excellent idea indeed. So too the idea of buying flowers daily, and barbecuing EVERYTHING and walking for miles and miles and miles.

Shopping at the local fruit market also holds great appeal. While greenhouses and cross-pollinated bio-infused superseeds have made fresh fruits and vegetables accessible year-round, it’s only in the spring that I lust after asparagus or homemade raspberry pie (preferably both... with something hot off the BBQ... and a mojito).

In the words of the Birds (oh, and Ecclesiastes ): To everything there is a season.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want some homemade raspberry pie!!